Odyssey has celebrated over 30 years of supporting people to change their lives. We deliver high quality, comprehensive services for people with an addiction to alcohol and other drugs and/or gambling. We offer a diverse range of programmes and services across a number of population centers including Auckland, Whangarei and the Waikato region.
The Odyssey Drug Treatment Programme (DTP) in the Auckland Regional Prison based in Albany has been successfully operating since the first intake in October 2010. We are now currently seeking a part-time aftercare specialist Practitioner to work 28 hours per week. Your role will include assessing clients, developing treatment plans, preparing NZ Parole Board reports and ensuring effective delivery of 1-2-1 and group interventions.
Ideally, the successful candidate will have:
- Relevant Health qualification in Alcohol and other drugs (AOD), social work or mental health
- A willingness to embrace the Therapeutic Community (TC) Model
- Be registered to a professional body or be willing and eligible to be registered.
- Skills in group delivery and individual interventions
- Motivational Interviewing experience
- Experience working in the AOD/mental health field
- Excellent clinical judgement and strong clinical boundaries
- A high level of understanding of tikanga Maori and its importance within this setting
- Report writing skills and computer proficiency
- An understanding of working in a correctional environment.
- A strong ability to complete informative and up to date records
This position is exciting and challenging, offering the chance for you to work in a supportive workplace with access to ongoing professional development. It is also rewarding, providing the opportunity to make a real difference to the health and well-being of prisoners and communities.
Please note that to work in the Corrections environment; applicants will be required to pass the Ministry of Justice clearance checks, as well as Police and MSD checks.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke-free organization.
All applicants should include a CV, cover letter and complete the online application form. For all enquiries please contact Jared Johanson, HR Advisor on 09 2815653.
Closing date: Thursday 15th February 2018 @ 4.00pm