Odyssey is part of a collective project to address Methamphetamine issues in Northland. The Methamphetamine Demand Reduction strategy is a joint venture between Police, Northland District Health board and NGO providers. The aim of the project is to reduce the effects of methamphetamine and create change within communities.
Do you want to be part of changing lives impacted by the harmful effects of Methamphetamine? In this role you will engage with community and whanau to reduce the harm caused by methamphetamine use.
Based in Dargaville, a key component of the role is to engage with individuals and whanau and provide links with existing services in the community. The role is about growing individuals and whanau to support their own community to take a stand against methamphetamine and to go on to help others who may struggle with methamphetamine.
- Individual and whanau engagement
- Supporting and connecting to community based treatment
- Early interventions
- Advocacy and support
- Assertive outreach
- Facilitation and Coordination
- Established links with the community
- Excellent engagement, motivational and communication skills
- Experience and training in community based support
- Confident supporting individuals and whanau
- Professionally and culturally competent
- Understanding and experience of methamphetamine addiction
- Good computer skills and report writing
- Time management
- A current full New Zealand driver’s licence.
Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke-free organization. Please note that Police and MSD clearance checks will be required for the successful candidate.
All applicants should include a CV, cover letter and complete the online application form. For all enquiries please contact Jared Johanson, HR Advisor on 09 2815653.
Closing date: Friday 9th March 2018 at 4.00pm