As New Zealand's leading community based organisation providing addictions treatment Odyssey is leading the way in the provision of innovative Peer Support within Drug and Alcohol services.
We now have two exciting full time permanent roles based within a new innovative Peer Support Mobile Team that will be located at our hub in New Lynn. These roles are 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday and Odyssey has the ability to offer a very attractive salary to the successful applicants.
The Peer Support team will provide peer based recovery support to complement the work of Odyssey’s therapeutic community. The team will work with clients during the transitional phases of their treatment to enhance their treatment pathway and increase recovery outcomes.
These positions will work closely with the Peer Support Manager to achieve our vision of being leaders in changing lives.
Ideally, the successful applicants will have:
- Personal lived experience, a story of recovery from addictions and the ability to as a positive role model to others (essential)
- Strong cultural competencies particularly in working with Maori.
- Assertive communication and active listening skills
- An ability to utilise critical thinking and proactively engage in organisational support
- A willingness to hang in there when the going gets tough
- A willingness to embrace change and learn
- A positive and encouraging demeanour with a good sense of humour
- The ability to work in an ethical framework with strong boundaries
- Completed peer support training of some description and/or experience working in a peer position
- Excellent computer skills, particularly email, data entry and word processing
Odyssey offers a safe and stimulating working environment, a very competitive salary offering, professional development assistance, 22 days annual leave.
Police and MSD clearance checks will be required for this role. Applicants must also hold a full clean NZ driver license.Odyssey is an equal opportunity employer and a smoke free organisation.
All applicants should include a CV, cover letter and complete the online application form. For all enquiries please contact Rachel Scaife on 021 729 852.
Closing date: Thursday 22nd February 2018 at 4.00pm