A terrific opportunity is available for a motivated, experienced full time Assistant Accountant looking for a working environment located in Mt Eden to join our Finance team.
Odyssey is a leading organisation in their sector and is renowned for fostering a workplace culture that is welcoming, rewarding and professional.
The successful applicant will be dedicated, hard-working, be technically proficient and have accounting experience. You can demonstrate initiative and are a team player. Pays attention to detail and initiates self-checking procedures; ensures high levels of accuracy and consistent quality. Ideally with business services industry experience, you will have had exposure to a large ERP system and be proficient with Microsoft office, including Excel. Qualifications include:
- A Finance related qualification
- A full, clean driver’s licence
- Legal entitlement to work in New Zealand
Your role will include but not be limited to the following duties:
- Ownership of all bank transactions, including; Banking, coding transactions in ERP, reconciliations
- Liquidity and treasury functions as required including; ensuring daily the required bank balances for payments and interest income
- Credit Card reconciliations and system administration. Setting limits for card users
- Trust account administration, transactions and reconciliations
- Cash flow monitoring, reporting and maintenance of forecasting tools
- Provide support to the AP/AR/Payroll functions during month end and cover roles when required
- Monitors quality and devises systems to support continuous improvement
- Other ad-hoc duties as requested by management
- Competitive salary package
- Central location
- Friendly, rewarding, professional working environment
Police and MSD clearance checks will be required for this role. We are a smoke-free organisation and an equal opportunity employer.
All applicants should include a CV, cover letter and complete the online application form. For all enquiries please contact Jared Johanson, HR Advisor on 09 2815653.
Closing date: Monday 19th February 2018 @ 4.00pm